A Pork Roll In Life...

Ever been to Jersey? Do you love Original Taylor Ham or Trenton Pork Roll? This blog is dedicated to those who must have that highly-addictive, native New Jersey treat...

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Bruce, Pork Roll, Taylor's Ham, Jersey Girls

We all had the day off to go see Bruce Springsteen today. Better than eating Godiva Chocolate, and with slightly less guilt since I gave us all the day off, not just myself.

The band did three songs from the new CD, Jacob's Ladder, Oh, Mary, Don't You Weep, and a song many of us only know from "Little House on the Prairie's," Mr. Edwards, Old Dan Tucker.I've seen Bruce in concert several times, including at Seton Hall in the 70's, Madison Square Garden in the 80's, and Giant's Stadium a few years back. It was wonderful seeing him in a small venue like Convention Hall, where he could speak and be easily heard by the crowd. I'm not a rabid Bruce fan like so many people are, but I like what he does for our home state, and he really does kick butt when he gets going with a band.

Kate, that would be me, introduced herself to Robin Roberts of Good Morning, America after the taping, and Ms. Roberts graciously agreed to allow a photo of herself on the website. We spoke for a brief moment, and it turns out both of our fathers were from Union, NJ.

She is lovely, gracious and very patient with the fans that approach her. When she asked me what kind of commercial web site I'd be putting her face on, she said "Pork Roll? Sure I know Pork Roll. Taylor Ham, right?!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home