A Pork Roll In Life...

Ever been to Jersey? Do you love Original Taylor Ham or Trenton Pork Roll? This blog is dedicated to those who must have that highly-addictive, native New Jersey treat...

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Wildwood and Toll Booths

It was Wildwood weekend this past weekend, and as the kids, nieces, and others can tell you, "Only 361 days till Wildwood 2007." I've always felt they should let the grownups sleep off Wildwood 2006 or whatever year since 1988 before they begin the countdown till next year.

We stayed at A Shore View Motel for the first time, and it was wonderful! The managers, Paul and Deb are the best hosts we've seen in years. They made our group feel welcome and accommodated even the weirdest requests of the wee people. "Deb, my shirt accidentally fell into the pool, can I go get it?" It "accidentally" flew 20 feet to the left, over a fence, and from a balcony at 9:00 PM. "dropped" by my son. Deb said "no big deal" as she fished out his 2004 Yankee shirt from the pool bottom in the dark.

Sport? Is jet skiing even a sport? I failed as miserably at that as I did with real skiing in Colorado 25 years ago when it took me five hours to walk down the bunny slope. Years ago I fell off of a jet ski and it took an hour to get me back up there since the floatation vest pops up around your neck and cuts off your air supply, and cuts off all blood circulation to your arms when you hit the water. When Ween's husband asked if I wanted to go with them again this year, I politely but steadfastly declined the invitation. Why provide him with more fodder in the family tale telling department?

Too much porkroll and not enough exercise has left me about as non-athletic as possible. But on the way to and from Wildwood I discovered I now navigate toll plazas quite nicely again with my new EZPass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home