A Pork Roll In Life...

Ever been to Jersey? Do you love Original Taylor Ham or Trenton Pork Roll? This blog is dedicated to those who must have that highly-addictive, native New Jersey treat...

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Liability Insurance, Marching Band, The Da Vinci Code

In that order. I'm ticked I'm paying a couple of k's for Liability Insurance on JerseyPorkRoll.com, 7 k on my car insurance because of a couple of little darlin's who drive around Jersey on my policy. I was really ticked my kids joined marching band. I'm also sad it is over.

Band is over, but not my high insurance rates in the very litigious state of New Jersey.

I detest the bumper stickers that say "I'm the proud parent of an Honor Student." I never felt the need to brag in such an impersonal way and annoy strangers stuck behind me at a traffic light, so now I'll blog it and embarrass them both.

I'm proud of my girls for surving through four years of marching band, although I was hoping just once they could march to the Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, or even a Motown Medley, but it was not to be. I still think marching to a Jethro Tull piece would have been perfect though. Marching bands have flutes -- Ian Anderson plays the flute. See what I mean?

In the last few years, I learned my pampered little princesses could get up at 6:00 AM and stay on their feet till they had blisters the size of Texas at 10:00pm.

My girls can't walk the 20 feet to take the garbage out to the curb without whining, but they can march for miles in the Macy's Day Parade and smile while doing it.

They could march in step for miles, but walking six blocks to the bus stop at 7:00 was out of the question because "my back pack weighs a ton."

They could get up to the sound of a bugle at 6:00 at camp, but on any day they didn't have school or band, I had to pry them out of bed at noon.

Okay, band ranting is over, and I just paid the insane premium to keep the two ex-bandos driving for another six months.

Now I just want to read the Davinci Code because everyone I know is talking about it and all I read are web stats and inventory sheets! A good book and a swimming pool? Pork - pool. Pool, pork.. Hmmm?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home