A Pork Roll In Life...

Ever been to Jersey? Do you love Original Taylor Ham or Trenton Pork Roll? This blog is dedicated to those who must have that highly-addictive, native New Jersey treat...

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Jimmy Buff's Double Sausage


After talking to customers about Jimmy Buff's, I got a craving almost as strong as the ones I had for pastrami when I had child number three back in '92. I had to have a double sausage with the works.

I hit the one in Scotch Plains this afternoon,
and I spoke to the grandaughter of the orignal owner. When I bit into the double pizza bread sandwich, I was transported back to Irvington, 1973. I sat in the parking lot remembering the Public Service bus strike of 1972, when we had to walk all the way home down Springfield Avenue into Maplewood, passing Jimmy Buff's, Kless' Diner, and the greasy spoon whose name I never did know on the city line.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're showing your true self there, Katie. Life isn't about pork roll, it's about sausage and peppers, Hawaiian pork on a stick, Jimmy Buff, canolis, Outback Blooming Onions!

    Who said "you are what you eat?!"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home